According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), a new coronavirus (2019 Novel Coronavirus or COVID19) was first detected in China in December and is now spreading across the world, including New York State. For more information, call the New York State Coronavirus Hotline at 1-888-364-3065.
CDC Important Information
How it Spreads
Steps to Prevent Illness
What to Do if You are Sick
Frequently Asked Questions
Number of Nationwide Cases
For important updates and statistics on what is happening nationally, you may visit the following:
• CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/
• USA.GOV: https://www.usa.gov/coronavirus
• White House: www.whitehouse.gov
For updates on what is happening in New York, you may visit the following:
• State Department of Health: https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/home
• State Department of Education: http://www.p12.nysed.gov/sss/schoolhealth/schoolhealthservi ces/coronavirus.html
• Governor: https://www.governor.ny.gov/
What the Legislature has Done:
On Wednesday, the state Legislature convened to take up legislation aimed at providing paid leave to individuals who have been diagnosed with the coronavirus (COVID-19). This new legislation provides paid leave benefits to public and private sector employees in New York State who are subject to a mandatory or precautionary quarantine or isolation due to the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
The Governor’s Executive Orders
90 Day Mortgage Relief
The governor has announced a 90-day mortgage relief program for New Yorkers, including waived mortgage payments for people facing financial hardship because of COVID-19.
All non-essential business and non-profit entities are ordered to reduce staff by 100%. Essential business entities include:
- infrastructure programs,
- manufacturing (food processing and pharmaceuticals),
- banks and related financial institutions, and
- mail and shipping services, etc.
For a full list of up-to-date news, closures, and executive orders pertaining to New York and the coronavirus, please use this link: https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/home.
For more information on this or any other state issue, please contact my district office at 140 Glen Street, Suite 101, Glens Falls, NY 12801, firstname.lastname@example.org, 518-792-4546.