Caldwell Lake George Library Assistant Job Description
The Caldwell Lake George Library is a rural association library located in the heart of the
Village of Lake George, NY in Warren County seeking to fill the position of Part Time
Some of the duties and responsibilities of a qualified candidate include:
• Loan library materials such as books and DVDs to patrons and collect returned
• Catalog and maintain library materials
• Organize and reshelve returned items such as periodicals, books, and DVDs
• Handle registration of new library cardholders and issue library cards
• Teach people how to use library resources
• Answer any questions from patrons
• Assist patrons with computer use
• Perform routine tasks such as answering phone calls and organizing files
• Use and maintain computer library database (Polaris) to help locate library
• Assist in planning and implementation of library programming (Preschool storytime, book club, art programs, etc.)
Library Assistant Skills and Qualifications:
• Strong customer service skills
• Ability to work 15-20 hours per week including some Saturdays and evenings.
• Good listening and communication skills required.
• Good organizational skills required. Processing library materials requires attention
• Willingness to learn new skills.
• Some heavy lifting may be required.
Library Assistant Education and Training Requirements:
• High school graduate
• Willingness to learn
• Previous library experience a plus
• Computer proficiency required
Please send resume and cover letter to library director at: